OBJECTIVES/PURPOSE OF JOB
Develops lens products by analyzing markets; generating product requirements; determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction; developing marketing strategies.
Leads and facilitates products to set-up a solid mid-long term product/brand strategy, pipeline, and brand communication plan to deliver company objectives.
Manage and execute the marketing strategy and plans across contact lens products to ensure strategic consistency by development of locally-aligned plans reflecting global franchise strategy to grow B+L business and to achieve the annual P&L.
• Develop a clearly defined strategy to drive B+L business share growth in contact lens market.
• Develop and execute strategic product/brand building plans (communication /activation) to strengthen brand awareness and equity towards consumers (Contact-lens users)
• Drive endorsement of Bausch + Lomb contact lens brands from ECP (Eye Care Professionals), to deliver against franchise business and marketing objectives.
• Lead NPD develop as project champion.
• Manage P&L to achieve planned ARP (Average Retail Price), Gross Margin, EBITA(profit), delivering value added marketing execution while optimizing product and channel mix.
• Optimize brand and SKU mix, matching category need and future new product pipelines in line with contact lens segmentation model.
• Work in close collaboration with Trade-Marketing, Medical Affairs, and Sales team to fully align sales and marketing strategies and execution.
• Develop and oversees agreed annual franchise advertising & Promotion budget
• Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
• Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses.
• Supervise and grow Assistant Product Manager through effective coaching and training in daily work.
SUPERVISE DIRECT REPORTS (yes or no)Yes: One Assistant
• Sales, Trade Marketing, Sales Operation, Finance, Supply Chain, Regulatory Affairs, Medical Affairs, Legal, Quality Assurance, and overseas project coordinators.
• Advertising agencies, promotion agencies, design agencies, and research agencies.
University degree, preferably MBA or marketing-related
• 3-7 years of marketing experience, has experienced in product development and preferably with brand marketing.
• Prior experience as a Brand Manager in a multinational organization.
• Consumer Goods industry, Cosmetics industry.
• Business level of English, able to conduct and perform duties in English with ease.
• Has strong competencies in marketing i.e. Strong interpersonal communication skills, Excellent analytical skills, Open-minded and flexible to work with different background and functions, Creativity and problem solving skills, Learning ability, Driving innovation & value.
• Demonstrable strategic thinking skills that enable the development of robust franchise strategies.
• Influencing skills with key internal and external stakeholders to activate B+L Japan franchise marketing objectives successfully.
• Strong analytical & financial skills.
• Effective verbal & written communicator and presenter to connect across various
Good team player.